Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Leah

A Biblical character I tend to relate to a lot is Leah from Genesis 29.  Leah is an ordinary girl with nothing really outstanding to set her apart from the world, except her "weak" eyes. She's so undesirable, her dad tricked Jacob to get rid of her.  How sad that would make me feel.

I certainly wasn't given away in marriage like Leah (I hope not! Ha!) but  a lot of times I do feel not good enough, as I'm sure Leah felt most of her life.  I certainly am loved unlike Leah was by my family, but I let the pressures of the world dictate who I should be and act.  There are millions of books out there telling us how to look beautiful, make your husband happy, your kids happy, keep the house tidy, cook from scratch, make your own clothes, decorate your home like a professional......on and on and on. Churches even sometimes put on the pressure when they teach on the Proverbs 31 woman.  Whoever that woman was.........if she was real.............had to have the patience of Jesus and strength of Samson.  I certainly don't have either. And when I fail to be this perfect woman, I feel like I've failed everyone and doomed them for the rest of their life.

But you know what...........although we (I) feel invisible and not good enough, there is someone who is always with us when  friends or family chooses someone else over us...........there is someone who is ready to help you (me) when we can't do it or messed up for the hundredth time.............and there is someone who understands when we don't know why we are crying at something that seems minor to cry about but the pressure has built up so much that little thing sent you over the edge...........

GOD

Leah.........alone and feeling unloved.............had a much bigger plan that God planned for her, that I wonder if she even realized before her death how special she was.  For without Leah there would have been no Judah, no love story of Boaz and Ruth, no shepherd boy king killing a Philistine giant, no wise King Solomon sitting on the throne, no King Hezekiah who led God's people back to Him, and no................

Jesus

We may be invisible to the world...............but we are not invisible to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment