I had a thought this morning that really excited me. I have shared it with many of my friends and just had to post it on here.
Every week I attend a Bible study called BSF, or Bible Study Fellowship (www.bsfinternational.org). This is my fourth year and I love it! Every year we take a book(s) of the Bible and study it thoroughly. This year we are covering the Life of Moses. I kind of dreaded this because I knew we were going to hit all the details concerning the making of the tabernacle, the laws, the sacrifices.......but I came across this little tidbit from the lesson and a devotion that just really blew my mind.
This past week, we got into the chapters in Exodus dealing with making the tabernacle and all the furniture. I admit I kind of breezed through the reading of how the things were made.....
Exodus 37: 6-9 "He made a mercy seat of pure gold, 45 inches long and 27 inches wide. He made two cherubim of gold; he made them of hammered work at the two ends of the mercy seat, one cherub at one end and one cherub at the other end. At each end, he made a cherub of one piece with the mercy seat. They had wings spread out. They faced other and covered the mercy seat with their wings. The faces of the cherubim were looking toward the mercy seat."
I've heard just about every piece of detail and furniture concerning the tabernacle points back to Jesus in some way. I honestly can't tell you how on a majority of the things how it does point to Jesus but something popped out to me today. I picked up a Max Lucado devotion this morning to read before the kiddos got up for school. I hadn't read it in a while and decided I needed to finish it up since I had only a few more pages to go. The timing couldn't have been more perfect.............as God has repeatedly shown to me.........for the pages I read today had to do with Jesus' resurrection.
John 20:11-13 "But Mary stood outside facing the tomb, crying. As she was crying, she stooped to look in the tomb. She saw two angels in white sitting there, one at the head and one at the feet, where Jesus body had been lying."
OH MY GOODNESS! My mind suddenly clicked! Could the two cherubim facing the mercy seat........the mercy seat where the Israelites offered the blood offering for the forgiveness of their sins........be pointing to this moment!! Two angels......one at the foot, one at the head......with Christ, bloody and whipped for my sins......in the center.......be pointing back to this mercy seat made of gold!!
Man!! I have been so pumped about this all day! Thank you God for showing this to me. May I never take the details of the tabernacle with little importance as I have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment