Friday, August 15, 2014

Importance of Studying Bible Yourself

I like to do Bible studies.....especially ones that have questions for me to answer. I've been doing one by Beth Moore on the book of James. It has been very good so far for me. I'm on week four of the ten week study and came across a verse I've never really thought about. I really feel like it is relevant to us today

For the time will come when they will not tolerate sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, will multiply teachers for themselves because they have an itch to hear something new. They will turn away from hearing the truth and will turn aside to myths. But as for you, be serious about everything, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:3-4

I hate to watch the news anymore. I won't honestly. Here lately I won't even log into Facebook. There is so much anger and hatred in the world because people are turning away from God and defending things that He didn't want us to participate in. It's so sad to me to see people so confused and seeking after answers that won't help them find contentment. Sometimes I just don't know what to do or say. 

I am not a teacher or great theologian but I love Jesus and want to follow Him. His way of life written in the Bible has kept me from so much harm and turmoil. Sure I still have hardships and mess up but He is always there with me. 

I just want to encourage you that if you are unsure what to believe, grab a Bible and ask God to help you understand. I'd also be glad to answer any questions you  have. This world seems about to explode into something awful.....I wish they could all understand and know what I know. It's the best thing I have in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment